Cisco is the worldwide leader in IT, networking, and cybersecurity solutions. They help companies of all sizes transform how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Cisco specializes in specific tech markets, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), domain security and energy management.
Cisco was looking to produce a consistent, meaningful message to buying committees at the accounts that best fit their services. But, the quantity of stakeholders and siloing of existing teams made alignment difficult. They recognized they had high value accounts with immense opportunities, so they turned to Digital Reach to help align teams and strategy with an Account-Based Marketing focus.
In 2019, Digital Reach partnered with Cisco to perform an ABM Blueprint, establish account tiers, and align their messaging in a personalized way.
KEY ABM tactics included
- Strategic Alignment: Identifying criteria for ICPs and personas. Mapping messaging and content to the buyer journey.
- Data Architecture: Evaluating website capability and flexibility. Auditing existing marketing automation infrastructure.
- Multi-Channel Marketing: Reviewing strategies within Paid Media, Email, Social Media, and more in order to find lack of coverage. Establishing a strategic action plan, specifically beginning an ABM Paid Media campaign.
- Performance Optimization: Auditing CRO testing and personalization to drive continuous improvement.
- Sales Alignment: Analyzing sales enablement tools and content effectiveness to better align sales and marketing.
KEY ABM paid media tactics included
- Pivoting to ABM Data Targeting through Bombora to maintain performance despite impacts from the Coronavirus.
- Mapping assets to different audience opportunities within ABM to maximize engagements and the performance metrics throughout the funnel.
personalized ABM campaigns
experienced additional engagement